the wide usage of AI. The reason behind it is the evolution of technology itself. Every day we witness another technology gets launched, some of them make a huge impact. So, PWA vs native vs hybrid is another story of comparison between the three greatest technologies of the current time. Although if we compare between PWA vs native then PWA is the latest among them.The comparison between the technologies never ends. It’s increasing by the time especially with
Since the objective behind the revolution of technology is to improve the way of living, that’s why every technology offers various features. The digitalization of business is another big reason for the continuous progress in technology. Native vs hybrid apps have their own competition. In this article, we’ll thoroughly discuss all the factors among PWA vs native vs hybrid. Each one of them has an impact on the market, and this article will help you choose the right one for you.
PWA vs Native and Native vs Hybrid
To understand the difference between PWA vs native and native vs hybrid, we must understand what they actually are. We must recognize their features and the way they work.
PWA (Progressive Web App)
PWA is a progressive web app, and the reason behind this is its progressive structure. It neither binds the user to a browser or an application. You can access it through both mediums with a competitive user interface. PWA doesn’t restrict you to a web app. You always have a chance to transform it into a mobile application.
Although it seems complicated to have a comparison between PWA vs native app. The reason is, this technology is one of the latest in the digital world. You will agree that it always takes time to accept the latest innovation in any field of work. Meanwhile, the sooner people and developers will acknowledge the differences between PWA vs native apps, the better it would be for the digital world’s progress.
Is PWA the future?
Since the PWA technology has been launched, there is a common question among the people: Is PWA the future? Meanwhile, most developers and experts in the world are convinced that PWA will become the leading technology for the digitalization of the business in the upcoming time. This is due to the independence and better user experience that PWA offers through its access to the browser and in the form of an application.
- It is a responsive web app and compatible with every browser.
- When it comes to PWA vs native apps, then the user interface of a PWA is like a proper mobile application.
- You don’t have to install it like a native app, just pin it to the home screen of your phone and access it easily with a tap just like native apps.
- PWA apps support offline interactivity using service workers.
In current times, native apps are one of the leading technologies to digitalize a business. There are thousands of mobile applications that employ native app development. You can build a native app for a specific platform, either it’s Android or iOS. The leading quality of a native app is that it provides high-quality user experience and fast processing speed. Usually, when compared between native vs hybrid apps, native apps get the priority due to its quick functionality, usability, and better user experience.
You can also access a native app without access to the internet in most of the cases. In the least scenario, you can at least access the previous data without the internet. It can also natively access the hardware components of your device that increases its accessibility. Many flagship apps are built on the native app development technology like FaceBook, Instagram, Whatsapp, Skype, etc.
- It provides you high-speed functionality if we compare progressive web apps vs native.
- It can access different built-in features of a smartphone, which helps to provide a better user experience.
- Native apps must need regular updates for any improvisation in the existing app, so you can update them to make the best use.
- You can have a separate environment of performing specific functions by installing a native app.
- When it comes to progressive web apps vs native, you need two different sets of languages and tools for two different operating systems.
- To build an android application, you can develop an app through Java, C++, C, and Kotlin. Later you can install this app after adding it to the google android play store.
- To build an iOS application, you can work on Objective-C or Swift. You have to employ the SDKs and IDEs provided by Apple.
People usually get confused to understand the difference between native and hybrid apps. It is basically a blend of both native and web, that’s why it is called hybrid. A hybrid app is developed by using the web development tool. It is then encapsulated, and with the help of the plugins/wrappers, you can access these applications in the form of a native app. A hybrid app can be accessed in the form of a native app.
Actually, to make it work as a mobile application, the embedded code is wrapped into a native app. For that purpose, Apache Cordova is a mobile app development framework that wraps the code to give it a form of a mobile app. That is how you can access a mobile application through the browser while using the same code.
- Hybrid apps are portable, as you can access them from multiple platforms while using the same code.
- It takes less time to develop if we compare native vs hybrid apps.
- All you need to do is to manage plugins to get all the features like a native app.
- To make it work as a mobile app, it needs a framework that will transform it into a mobile app by wrapping the embedded code.
Difference between native & hybrid app
Although at some level, a hybrid app seems to be a native app. When it comes to the comparison native vs hybrid app, then you can see the difference. To understand the difference between native and hybrid apps, these are the following factors you should consider.
- Hybrid apps are built through web app tools, while it can also work as an application. Meanwhile, native apps employ specific tools for specific operating systems of smartphones.
- It has the structure of a web as it contains different web pages and the similar engine of the browser without having any widgets of it.
- When it comes to native app vs hybrid app, it needs plugins to employ all the features of a native app.
Progressive Web Apps Pros and Cons
No matter how much technology is latest or innovative. It will always have some disadvantages besides so many benefits. A progressive web app is the best innovation until now in the development sector. The following are the progressive web apps pros and cons:
- As compared to progressive web apps vs native, then there is no time taking installation process to use it.
- PWA apps don’t take any storage for installation, so your device’s space will remain almost empty for further usage.
- Due to the execution of PWA under HTTPS, it is more secure than any other technology. There are no major loopholes in it, and you can increase the security of your app by the time.
- It will help you gain the maximum reach to the users through web access, which will help you increase its ranking through SEO.
- PWA will auto-update whenever any new feature is being rolled out by the app vendor.
- If we compare PWA vs native apps, its functionality is quite lower than that of native apps on different platforms.
- You can’t access many components like Bluetooth or other communication terms directly through PWA. Don’t blame PWA here, as most of the browsers haven’t really jumped into supporting device’s hardware. Things will get improved over the course of time. That is for sure.
Pros and Cons for Native App vs Hybrid App
Hybrid and Native apps are one of the most employed technologies in the world. Native app vs hybrid app has the following pros and cons:
Native app- Pros
- The efficiency and performance accuracy of native vs hybrid apps is quite higher.
- Native apps provide better security options, and that’s why most of the brands prefer native applications.
- The user interface of the native and hybrid apps is just unmatchable. It provides a high-quality user experience that is the key to success for the digitalization of any business.
- It always takes fewer bugs to resolve for the development of a native app.
Native app- Cons
- Usually, native apps take a long period for their development compared to native vs hybrid and PWA.
- It is dependent on the respective platforms on which it is built. You can’t access it from another OS.
- It’s a challenge to launch a native app regarding the play store.
- It uses your device’s storage, and you have to update it on regular periods.
Hybrid app- Pros
- You can use only a single codebase to make it usable for both web and mobile platforms.
- While using the web technologies, it still provides you an application according to the native app standard. So, the development process is quite easy, according to the comparison between native vs hybrid apps.
- It takes less time for the development of a hybrid app vs native app.
- Although hybrid apps are quite flexible, their security process is not that stronger.
- The performance quality of the hybrid apps is not as sufficient as the native app vs. the hybrid app. It is due to the layer of wrapping it through the framework into a native application.
- It needs efficient Q & A testing. The hybrid app’s communication with the target native platform’s hardware is needed to be tested rigorously.
Cost-Effectiveness Factor for PWA vs Native vs Hybrid
Besides all the factors and differences, the main difference that needs to be noticed is cost-effectiveness. Mostly the major problem in the app development projects is cost. The flagship brand usually doesn’t care for the budget, but the small business must consider this factor. For that purpose, the developers have to negotiate to cut down a deal that can facilitate both sides. To make that easy, we provide you the cost differences of PWA vs native and native vs hybrid.
Although PWA is one of the latest technologies in the digitalization of the business, it has simplified the development process of an application. That’s why the cost of a PWA project is quite reasonable compared to the PWA vs native app. The average cost of a PWA starts from $8K to $20k, depending on the project’s demand and functionality.
Hybrid apps are also cheaper as compared to native apps vs hybrid apps. The development procedure of a hybrid app is easy, as you can use one code for the development of both platforms. Developers also find it easy to work on hybrid apps.
That’s why the average cost of a hybrid application is $10k to $50k according to the development process.
Although Native apps are one of the most exceptional qualities of applications currently, they also take massive time for their development. The quality user interface and high performance make it the best. At the same time, the development cost of native applications is also higher as compared to the PWA vs Native app or native vs hybrid app. The development cost, on average, is $20k to $100k, which differs according to the client’s requirement.
Connect to Status200
Status200 is one of the leading flagships in the software development market. We have got an excellent team of professional developers and project managers. Ensuring to follow agile methodology for quick software project completion, you can have the best quality of web apps and mobile apps according to your requirements. We will also provide you our free consultancy regarding your project, ensuring a better and defined project’s scope. So grab the opportunity and contact us today to digitalize your business at a reasonable cost. We provide development services for the Native app, Hybrid app, and PWA development.